Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tall, Dark & Dead by Tate Hallaway

Tall, Dark & Dead by Tate Hallaway

My Rating: 8 *'s

Description: The line between magic and sanity is very thin. That's part of why I, Garnet Lacey, quit cold turkey. Never touch the stuff. No exceptions.

But magic is so addictive...and my inner Goddess, Lilith, is hard to resist. Besides, restraint isn't easy when you manage Wisconsin's premier occult bookstore, and get customers like Sebastian Von Traum --- piercing brown eyes, a sexy accent, and a killer body in black leather and denim. The only thing missing is an aura. Which means he's dead...

That means trouble. I guess I'm a sucker for it. The Vatican witch hunters are on to us. My long-lost vampire ex has crawled out of the woodwork looking for action. And Sebastian's frustrated ex is stirring in her grave.

What's a girl to do if she's hot for a dead man walking? Run like hell --- and take full advantage of the nights...

My Thoughts: New author for me and an interesting beginning to what appears to be a good series. I liked Garnet and Sebastian and the other supporting characters and hope to see more of them in the next book. I wish there had more about the Vatican Witch Hunters as I found them intriguing and needed to understand why they were the villains. I could imagine in my mind a whole other twist with these characters as the heroes.

Anyway, the book was a pretty quick read and I enjoyed that the author didn't get hung up in petty details. Hopefully the Lilith issue gets resolved in the next book as well.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)