Friday, January 22, 2010

The 8th Confession by James Patterson

The 8th Confession by James Patterson

My Rating: 9 *'s

Description: As San Francisco's most glamorous millionaires mingle at the party of the year, someone is watching--waiting for a chance to take vengeance on Isa and Ethan Bailey, the city's most celebrated couple. Finally, the killer pinpoints the ideal moment, and it's the perfect murder. Not a trace of evidence is left behind in their glamorous home.

As Detective Lindsay Boxer investigates the high-profile murder, someone else is found brutally executed--a preacher with a message of hope for the homeless. His death nearly falls through the cracks, but when reporter Cindy Thomas hears about it, she knows the story could be huge. Probing deeper into the victim's history, she discovers he may not have been quite as saintly as everyone thought.

As the hunt for two criminals tests the limits of the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay sees sparks fly between Cindy and her partner, Detective Rich Conklin. The Women's Murder Club now faces its toughest challenge: will love destroy all that four friends have built? The exhilarating new chapter in the Women's Murder Club series, The 8th Confession serves up a double dose of speed-charged twists and shocking revelations as only James Patterson can.

My Thoughts: I keep thinking that this will be the last installment of "The Women's Murder Club" series that I will read as I have assumed, incorrectly, that Patterson can't take these characters any further without them becoming redundant. I love to be surprised and Patterson doesn't dissapoint as, once again, I am pleasantly surprised at what Lindsay, Claire, Yuki and Cindy find themselves thrust into.

I enjoyed the developing attraction between Lindsay and Conklin initially, but I am glad to see Patterson take it in a different direction; besides, I love Joe and have been rooting for them for a very long time. I've also wanted to see Cindy in a more central role and with this book, I get my wish as she not only gets a relationship but also plays an active position in one of the murder cases. Yuki seems to be at odds in her career and her personal life, but I am hopeful that Patterson will turn that around. Claire is always great as the glue that holds the group together with her common sense and logic.

The cases were riveting and kept me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out whodunit. I am back to being deeply addicted to this series and eagerly looking forward to #9.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)