Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Wife In The Fast Lane by Karen Quinn

Wife In The Fast Lane by Karen Quinn

My Rating: 9 *'s

Description: Christy Hayes is a case study in successful living. She's won two Olympic gold medals, built a multimillion-dollar business, and landed a gorgeous and powerful CEO husband. But Christy's dream life begins to unravel when she inherits custody of an eleven year old girl named Renata. Suddenly she finds herself battling three formidable opponents: a treacherous business partner bent on ousting her from the company she founded, a ruthless stay at home mom who'll stop at nothing to maintain her PTA power base, and a stunning single woman scheming to steal her husband. Throw in the demands of one high maintenance spouse and it's clear: something's got to give. But what? Her marriage? Her career? Her sanity?

My Thoughts: Interesting story of a woman who bites off more than she can chew when she inherits custody of her housekeeper's eleven year old granddaughter on top of being CEO of a demanding multi-million dollar company and wife of a powerful mover and shaker in his own right.

The best lesson of this book is the "rule of two." Love, Career, Children: pick two. I found this to be so true of women in the world today wanting and having it all and needing to prove to themselves and everyone that they can have it all. It can be done, but unfortunately, not without consequences.

I recommend this book to all women, who are living life in the fast lane. Remember to take a moment and reflect on your life and to assess that your life's passions are the things you are devoting your time and energy to.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)