Saturday, August 21, 2010

REVIEW: Forget About It by Caprice Crane

Title: Forget About It
Author: Caprice Crane
Publisher: 5 Spot
Publication Date: August, 2007
Paperback: 351 pages
Genre: Chick-Lit
Rating: 10/10

Description: How hard is it to knock down a pushover?

For twenty-five years, Jordan Landau's life has been eminently forgettable. From her combatively critical mother to her cheating boyfriend to her idea-stealing boss --- there's almost no one in Jordan's life who hasn't taken advantage of her near-pathological desire to avoid conflict.

Everyone's about to find out.

After a freak accident leaves Jordan in a hospital with a head injury, inspiration strikes. What's the best way to get out of a bad life? Pretend you can't remember it! Faking amnesia makes it easy to dump the boyfriend, trump the boss, and turn the tables on a family that never appreciated her. The Great Jordan Life Makeover is looking pretty good, until things take a surprising turn. Forced to start over for real, Jordan must soon figure out how to create a truly unforgettable life...and how far she's willing to go to do so.

My Thoughts: This is the first time I’ve read a Caprice Crane novel. I was thoroughly entertained and enjoyed Jordan’s story immensely. I liked that with Jordan, any reader can relate to her as we all have walked in her shoes at some point, whether it’s the toxic family or the lousy love connection or the less than satisfying career or maybe all areas, even. So, here we have a heroine who sheds new light on being a doormat. I even began to feel a little frustrated with her that she allowed this treatment for so long and sad that she felt her only solution was to lie.

After Jordan is hit by a car, she decides to fake amnesia thinking this will be the best way to change her life. She even drags her best friend, Todd, into her deception. I liked that Jordan does begin to take charge of her life with some very interesting results. Unfortunately, she doesn’t plan on falling in love with Travis, the driver of the car that hit her. The bad news is he believes she has amnesia, so Jordan has really gotten herself into a pickle.

The situation appears to go from bad to worse when Jordan’s mother files a lawsuit against Travis and, obviously he doesn’t take the news very well. Unfortunately for Jordan, she is involved in another mishap and this time really gets amnesia. Is this karma coming around for her earlier deception? If you are into that kind of thing, then I would say it’s possible.

At any rate, I loved watching how Jordan tries to navigate the path her amnesia now takes her and I laughed myself silly at her attempts to pitch advertising jingles to her boss that ring the gong of familiarity.

If you are looking for a very funny read filled with interesting and complex characters that you will love and some you will dislike intensely and a story that keeps you anticipating what will happen next, then I highly recommend this one that will make Caprice Crane an author to be on the lookout for.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)