Monday, January 03, 2011

2010 In Review

Another year has come and gone and the best part of the reading year is upon me as I get to look back and evaluate what I read and how my stats measured up. Unfortunately, 2010 found me reading less than I did in 2009. I read 50 books and gave up on 12. Not good at all to see that I read less and gave up on more.

2010 brought some changes in my reading tastes. Other fiction dropped way down while chick-lit and cozy mystery more than doubled. Mystery is up a tiny bit, paranormal romance dropped a little and young adult remained the same. Contemporary romance can be a little subjective. The titles I read this year in that category actually straddle multiple genres. For example, I consider Sizzling Sixteen a contemporary romance, but other readers may consider it a mystery or general fiction. I didn’t read any anthologies this year so that’s down too from last year, but as they aren’t my preferred genre, I’m feeling OK with it. :o) Here's how 2010 stacked up:

Chick-Lit: 17
Contemporary Romance: 3
Cozy Mystery: 12
Mystery / Suspense / Thriller: 17
Paranormal Romance: 8
Young Adult: 3
Other Fiction / Literature: 2

Something new for my annual review is a shout out to the authors who were new to me and the authors that made multiple appearances in my reading year:

New To Me Authors In 2010
Lorna Barrett
Gail Carriger
Caprice Crane
Tate Hallaway
Gemma Halliday
Kristin Harmel
Melanie Lynne Hauser
Richelle Mead
Jane Porter
Karen Quinn
Daria Snadowsky
Ayelet Waldman

Authors Read Multiple Times In 2010
MaryJanice Davidson
Emily Giffin
John Grisham
Alice Kimberly
James Patterson
J.D. Robb / Nora Roberts
Elaine Viets

Best reads of 2010 in the order they were read are:
Born In Death by J.D. Robb
Tall, Dark & Dead by Tate Hallaway
The 8th Confession by James Patterson
Wife In The Fast Lane by Karen Quinn
Innocent In Death by J.D. Robb
Undead And Uneasy by MaryJanice Davidson
Eternity In Death by J.D. Robb
Creation In Death by J.D. Robb
Flirting With Forty by Jane Porter
Undead And Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson
Strangers In Death by J.D. Robb
Bite Me by Christopher Moore
Ritual In Death by J.D. Robb
Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen
Q Is For Quarry by Sue Grafton
One Foot In The Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
Fatal Truth by Robin Burcell
Confessions Of Super Mom by Melanie Lynn Hauser
Salvation In Death by J.D. Robb
Run For Your Life by James Patterson
Forget About It by Caprice Crane
Learning To Play Gin by Ally Carter
Soulless by Gail Carriger
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
When You Wish by Kristin Harmel
Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
The Pink Ghetto by Liz Ireland
Promises In Death by J.D. Robb
You Drive Me Crazy by Carole Matthews
Charley’s Web by Joy Fielding
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
The Ghost And The Dead Man’s Library by Alice Kimberly

Here's hoping 2011 will be a more productive year!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)