Wednesday, March 02, 2011

REVIEW: At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

Title: At Grave’s End (Night Huntress #3)
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: December, 2008
Paperback: 342 pages
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 10/10

Description: It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover has finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.

As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.

My Thoughts: So often, a series begins to get stale and redundant by the third book. Happily, that doesn’t seem to be the case with this series and if this book is any indicator, it won’t. My failure to read this book sooner is why there was so much confusion when I read “First Drop of Crimson” in January. Now that I have rectified that situation, I can happily report that this At Grave’s End was well worth the wait! I cannot gush enough about how much I love Cat and Bones. As a couple and individually, these two characters sure know how to get the job done.

This story really opens up more of the Night Huntress world that I wasn’t aware of. We get to see more about Cat’s father, Max and what a truly deviated and pitiful excuse of a former human he truly was. We get to see more of Cat’s mom and there are some interesting twists and surprises with Justina that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. We see one of Cat’s men, Tate, getting more of a storyline and so far, I am enjoying the triangle his character is trying to create with Cat and Bones. I definitely see potential there for Tate to get his own book.

I know if I decided to leave my current career path and become a vampire slayer, then Cat is the one I would want to mentor and train me. This series and in particular, this book, delivers everything I look for and want in my reading selections. In addition to the intense action and fighting scenes, there’s humor and even some very heart wrenching sad moments.

I can’t think of one thing in this book that didn’t work for me so instead I will say if you haven’t yet read this series, get off your tush and get started. You’ll be glad you did.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)