Friday, November 01, 2013

New Additions To The TBR Pile In October

Unfortunately, the departure of the summer heat did not inspire me to dive into my reading pile, but two new additions found their way in...


Sisteria by Sue Margolis

Description: If Beverly Littlestone knew what was good for her, she would steer clear of her sister Naomi, who's just got in touch after a five-year silence. Hasn't Beverly got enough to contend with --- like her husband Melvin, invariably engaged in a lunatic scheme with "failure" written all over it in mile-high neon. Or her daughter Natalie, for whom PMT means Permanent Menstrual Tension.

But Beverly can't say no to her sister --- and Naomi's self-serving plans are going to launch her out of suburbia and into a whole new world of drama and desire...

So Pretty It Hurts by Kate White

Description: Bailey Weggins, the Manhattan-based thirtysomething true-crime journalist, is in a good place. She's enjoying her regular gig at Buzz, a leading celebrity magazine, getting freelance work, and hoping her first book will garner attention. In the love department, she's finally back in the game with her recently-turned-exclusive boyfriend, Beau Regan. When Beau heads out of town one early December weekend, Bailey accepts an invitation from her office friend Jessie to a music mogul's house in the country, hoping for a fun, relaxing getaway. But a weird tension settles over the houseguests—a glamorous crowd that includes the famously thin supermodel Devon Barr. An impending snowstorm only adds to the unease.

So when Devon's lifeless body is found in her bed, Bailey immediately suspects foul play: she can't stop thinking of the day before, when a frightened Devon shivered in the woods and pleaded, "I have to get out of here. . . . It's not safe for me." When Bailey starts to nose around, she finds herself a moving target—running closer to the truth and straight into danger.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)