Saturday, December 12, 2015

REVIEW: Mistletoe In Manhattan by Talli Roland

Title: Mistletoe In Manhattan
Author: Talli Roland
Publisher: Notting Hill Press
Publication Date: November, 2012
Genre: Chick-Lit
Buy The Book: Amazon

Description: As Little Missington's first Christmas baby in fifty years and the daughter of 'Christmas When You Like It' party-planners, Holly West has been surrounded by the holiday spirit since birth. Trouble is, she's not exactly filled with festive cheer. In fact, Holly can't wait to ditch the tinsel and Santa suits for champagne and celebs, and become a party-planner to the stars.

When British film star Dean Layton hires her parents' company to throw his holiday bash in Manhattan, Holly jumps at the chance to help, confident she can handle a little Christmas in exchange for access to Dean's exclusive world.

But New York and Dean's over-the-top demands are more than Holly bargained for. Can Holly deck the halls and make it a party to be proud of, or will this Christmas be one she'll never forget . . . even if she wants to?

My Thoughts: Mistletoe In Manhattan is the story of Holly West, a young woman has been surrounded by Christmas her entire life and is looking for a change. Born on Christmas Day to Christmas party-planner parents, Holly hoped for much more in her life than returning home and helping her parents with their party-planning business. She is ecstatic when an opportunity comes her way to plan a Christmas party for Dean Layton, a British celebrity living New York. Arriving in Manhattan, Holly discovers that party-planning for a celebrity isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Dean’s assistant is less than helpful and appears to want Holly to fail miserably. Dean’s Christmas party soon turns into an after-party that Holly is also expected to organize and launch. The problem is if Holly stays to oversee the after-party, she will miss spending Christmas with her parents back in England. The one bright spot in Holly’s world is Alex, the cute bartender at the hotel Holly is staying at.

I liked this story, but it was too short for any closure on what happens to Holly, Alex, or Dean. There were too many loose ends that left me unsatisfied. If you are in the mood for a Christmas themed story, but don’t have a lot of free time to spend reading a full-length novel, this book may be the perfect choice. Though this book left me with more questions than answers, I enjoyed the author’s voice and will be looking for more of her work.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)