Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

My Rating: 10 *'s

Description: While recovering from an ill-timed makeup mishap, Lula is a witness to celebrity chef, Stanley Chipotle, losing his head - literally. Now Lula and Stephanie are on the hunt to identify the killers before Lula is next on the chopping block.

Meantime, Ranger's recruited Stephanie's help for a top secret mission. Someone on the inside at Rangeman is leaking client information, determined to bring the company down. No one is above suspicion, not even Ranger's right hand man, Tank.

Can Stephanie hunt down a killer, a traitor, five skips and keep Grandma out of the sauce?

It's the sexiest, scariest, most fun Plum yet. So good you'll want seconds.

My Thoughts: The wackiness and hilarity abound when Stephanie finds herself on the outs with Morelli, back working close, very close, with Ranger and saving Lula from being murdered by the same goons who killed Stanley Chipotle.

One of the main things I love about this series is that no matter how bizarre and off the wall each story is, I thoroughly enjoy each one. I savor every moment, wondering how many cars Stephanie will go through, how many times Grandma will pull out her .44 and shoot something or someone, how many times Ranger says "Babe" the way only Ranger can, how many times Bob the Dog takes a dump on someone's lawn, or how many times Morelli calls Stephanie "Cupcake."

If I were a petty person, I could hate Stephanie. A lot. Here's a woman who appears to have it all ... a fun job that she pretty much sets her own hours and which brings levels of excitement left to the imagination; not one, but TWO gorgeous and successful men lusting after her, all the home cooked meals she can eat but doesn't have to cook. She manages to land on her feet regardless of who is trying to kill her or who she is trying to bring in and having yet another one of Ranger's cars get blown up doesn't seem to deter her either. Yeah, I could hate her, but I can't. I admire her strength, her spunk and feisty attitude.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)