Saturday, October 03, 2009

My Life Uncovered by Lynn Isenberg

My Life Uncovered by Lynn Isenberg

My Rating: 8 *'s

Description: UNRAVELED, REVEALED... BARED

PROD.: My Life Uncovered

SCENE:
Laura Taylor thought she had a done deal with a Hollywood producer. Turns out the only deal her agent closed was his own disappearing act. (Rumor has it he's in rehab somewhere in North Dakota.) But a chance encounter with a "guy who knows a guy" opens up a world of opportunities for Laura and gives her a chance to break into films -- adult films. (Someone actually writes those things?) Hey, a job's a job, and no one has to know about it. She'll write under a pseudonym. And it'll only be this one time....

Pretty soon, Laura's new career takes off and she finds herself leading a double life: pitching her legitimate screenplay in one part of town while playing the belle of the ball in another. Sure, she's always wanted the awards, the success, the attention, but it isn't exactly something she can write home about, and for once she's trying NOT to get noticed. After all, if her worlds collide, her future in Hollywood could get an X rating.

MY LIFE UNCOVERED is a Hollywood insider's deliciously witty account of the real-life, heartbreaking, dream-inspiring world of filmmaking.

My Thoughts: Definitely not what I was expecting and I was surprised in a good way. Here is a character that brings together the adult entertainment industry with self discovery, while trying to find success and acceptance as a screenwriter among the Hollywood sharks. I found it very interesting that our heroine protagonist finds that success and acceptance first and foremost in the adult entertainment world. I enjoyed watching Laura balance both sides of her life and the reactions of those around her when they discovered the genre of the films she is writing.

Along the way, Laura discovers a lot about herself and the relationships she has with her colleagues, family, friends and lovers, both past and present. I found the story to be realistic and was able to empathize with Laura as she tried to acclimate herself to the kind of writing and filmmaking she least expected to take on, much less excel at.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)