Monday, March 26, 2007

The Breast Quest #5

I sucessfully found another surgeon who can see me this Wednesday! On Thursday, I was talking to a friend who went through her own personal health scare at Christmas time and she gave me the name and number of the surgeon she went to.

I called the surgeon's office on Friday, expecting that they wouldn't be open as so many medical practices have shortened business hours on Friday. They answered on the second ring, DID NOT put me on hold and at first offered to see me on Monday!

Completely and utterly shocked, I scheduled a Wednesday slot to allow me time to pick up the films from the imaging center and contact my doctor's office to arrange to have the reports faxed over. I have to pinch myself to ensure this isn't all a dream.

I'm not going to cancel the other appointment just in case I need an additional opinion, however.

I'm not sure what to think about physicians who are booked so far out...does that mean they are really good, therefore everyone wants them? That hardly seems fair as my friend thought her surgeon was absolutely wonderful and she can see me in a matter of days rather than weeks!

Are doctors really that busy that they have to be booked out like that? If they are that busy, will they take the appropriate amount of time for me and not miss anything?

I just can't be expected to wait that long without trying to find out what's going on. Routine medical check-ups, I don't mind waiting to get in, but this is definitely not routine, and it's a surgeon, not a general practice doctor. I just don't understand.

Thank God for my friend, Lizz and for the surgeon who can see me on Wednesday. Now I can get this ball rolling!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)