Friday, March 30, 2007

The Breast Quest #6

Finally some news...I went to the surgeon on Wednesday.

Her name is Valerie Sheridan; very nice and personable.

The long and short of it is there are two lumps in the left breast. One at 10:00 and one at 2:00. Dr. Sheridan is almost 100% positive that the lump at 10:00 is a cyst and isn't concerned. She is concerned about the lump at 2:00 because in the ultrasound photos, it's not shadowing, which would indicate it's a cyst (cysts are filled with fluid and when the ultrasound rays reflect off the fluid, it creates a shadow).

Because it's not shadowing, she wants to go to the next step and try aspiration to see if it is cyst and since they are going to aspirate one, they will aspirate both of them while they are in there.

As some cysts can be cancerous, once they are aspirated, the fluid will be sent for a biopsy. She is sending me back to the imaging center that I had the second mammogram and ultrasound done to have the aspiration with ultrasound. Not sure why my physician couldn't have done that instead of going through a surgeon first; seems very roundabout and drawn out this way. But it's irrelevant as now we are making some forward progress.

Now, I am waiting for the pre-certification from the insurance to come through authorizing the aspiration procedure and then the imaging center will call me to schedule the procedure. Hopefully, the wait won't be long. Tomorrow looks good for me

Stay tuned for the next installment of "The Breast Quest" where our sassy and spunky heroine manages to single-handedly save the world from the dark forces of evil with both of her breasts intact.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)