Thursday, March 01, 2007

February Reading Review

February turned out to be a productive month in the reading department with 5 books read. Wish I could say the same for the housework department.

A Man In A Kilt by Sandy Blair - 9 *'s
I kind of lost interest in historical romances a while back but this one called out to me and I'm so glad I listened! I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Beth and Duncan are characters you truly cheer for and genuinely like. I hated to see it end. The author does an excellent job of making Scotland come alive and having just come back from Scotland, it made me miss it all the more.




The 5th Horseman by James Patterson - 8 *'s
Another very suspenseful and action packed episode of the Women's Murder Club! This story finds the reader trying to shuffle through the various clues to figure out who is doing what. There are multiple villains and crimes. It was fun trying to sort it out. Patterson in his usual way keeps the reader on the edge of their seat before providing an explosive ending that I didn't see coming.





I Think I Love You by Stephanie Bond - 7 *'s
Enjoyed the complex relationship Regina, Justine and Mica share. I could relate to Regina the most probably because she loves Nancy Drew books.







Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich - 8 *'s
Fast paced entertaining story. Not enough Ranger scenes but still enjoyed the plot and the wacky as usual characters.








A New Lu by Laura Castoro - 9 *'s
Very entertaining and uplifting story. I had a lot of admiration for Lu's character as she not only faces a pregnancy at 50 but also coming to terms with being single again and how her family (grown children) and friends and new love interest handle this major event.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)