Sunday, January 04, 2009

2008 In Review

2008 has come and gone and with it another year's worth of reading. Some awesome reads and some real stinkers. In total I read 49 books which doesn't count the 16 that I gave up on. I'm in a state of shock at the number I gave up on. Amazes me that my reading taste has become, to some, quite picky. Sad that my reading totals would have been much higher had it not been for those lost causes.

Overall, my selections this year ranged across the spectrum of genres and are as follows:

Mystery / Suspense / Thriller: 17
Cozy Mystery: 6
Anthologies: 3
Paranormal Romance: 5
Chick-Lit: 14
Other Fiction / Literature: 3
Biography / Memoir: 1

Definitely went for more of the mystery genre last year instead of romance which I attribute to trying to catch up on the In Death series by J.D. Robb.

My picks for the best books for the year in the order they were read are:

Witness In Death by J.D. Robb
Bitter Is The New Black by Jen Lancaster
Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag
Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore
Judgment In Death by J.D. Robb
Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon
A Total Waste Of Makeup by Kim Gruenenfelder
The Ghost And Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly
Betrayal In Death by J.D. Robb
The Prada Paradox by Julie Kenner
Seduction In Death by J.D. Robb
Judge & Jury by James Patterson
Reunion In Death by J.D. Robb
Welcome To The Real World by Carole Matthews
Sex, Murder & A Double Latte by Kyra Davis
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Purity In Death by J.D. Robb
Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie
N Is For Noose by Sue Grafton
Demons Are Forever: Confessions Of A Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner
Cheating At Solitaire by Ally Carter
Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
Portrait In Death by J.D. Robb
7th Heaven by James Patterson
Jack With A Twist by Brenda Janowitz
The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen

Here's hoping 2009 brings even more excellent books!

1 comment:

kyradavis said...

Yea, I made the best book list! Here's hoping LUST, LOATHING AND A LITTLE LIP GLOSS makes the list for 2009!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)