Friday, January 09, 2009

REVIEW: Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire by Michele Bardsley

Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire by Michele Bardsley

My Rating: 9*'s

Description:

SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE --- OR PULSE.

Ever since a master vampire became possessed and bit a bunch of parents, the town of Broken Heart, Oklahoma has catered to those of us who don't rise until sunset --- even if that means PTA meetings at midnight.

As for me, Eva LeRoy, town librarian and single mother to a teenage daughter, I'm pretty much used to being "vampified." You can't beat the great side effects: no crow's-feet or cellulite! But books still make my undead heart beat --- and, strangely enough, so does Lorcan the Loner. My mama always told me everyone deserves a second chance. Still, it's one thing to deal with the usual undead hassles: rival vamps, rambunctious kids adjusting to night school, and my daughter's new boyfriend, who's a vampire hunter, for heaven's sake. It's quite another to fall for the vampire who killed you....

My Thoughts: I have to say that when I read the first one (I'M THE VAMPIRE, THAT'S WHY), my socks stayed firmly in place on my feet. Though I liked Jessica and Patrick and thought there were some funny moments, I was able to put the book down quite a lot and let my attention be drawn to other things.

I wasn't in a big hurry to read this book. I picked this book up and right away I was drawn into Eva's life and getting to know Lorcan was great. I especially LOVE how all of the animals are drawn to her, which is a little surprising considering she's a vampire, but hey, it works. I enjoyed Eva and Tamara's word of the day contest too.

It's a little difficult to put my finger on why this book was so much better for me than the first, but it has revitalized this series for me. Most likely, it has to do with the animals, even the lycans. I'm a sucker for the animals. I will be definitely getting the rest of the series as I am especially looking forward to Ralph's story.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)