Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You've Been Warned by James Patterson

You've Been Warned by James Patterson

My Rating: 5 *'s

Description:

YOU'VE BEEN NICE. VERY NICE.

Kristin Burns has lived her life by the philosophy "Don't think, just shoot" – pictures, that is. Struggling to make ends meet, she works full-time as the nanny for the fabulously wealthy Turnbull family, looking after their two wonderful children and waiting for her glamorous life as a New York photographer to begin. When her photographs are considered by an elite Manhattan art gallery, it seems she might finally get the chance that will start her career.

YOU'VE BEEN NAUGHTY. VERY NAUGHTY.

But Kristin has a major distraction: forbidden love. The man of her dreams is almost hers for keeps. Breathless with an inexhaustible passion and the excitement of being within reach of her goals, Kristen ignores all signs of catastrophe brewing.

NOW YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Fear exists for a reason. And Kristin can only dismiss the warnings for so long. Searching desperately for the truth through the lens of her camera, she can only hope that it's not too late.

My Thoughts: I didn't enjoy this one as much as his other books, probably because this book centers around adultery, a plot device I cannot stand. If this book had been a romance genre, I would have given up on it. I thought Kristin was a weak character who uses poor judgment and makes bad choices and decisions throughout the book. I thought Michael and Penley were selfish, manipulative, snobs and I found myself wondering throughout the book why Kristin stayed in their employ. The only characters I did like were Michael's children, Dakota and Sean. These kids brought a sweet innocence to an otherwise twisted and dark story of seduction, betrayal and murder.

Though this story twists and turns into chaos and confusion, I was compelled to finish the story just to see what happens and hopefully bring closure to a very complicated story.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at sharalsbooks@yahoo.com Happy Reading! :o)