You would think that after nearly 13 years working in public safety and being subjected to various shifts, that working what I call the Vampire shift would be nothing new. You would be right. You would. Additionally, with all of the vampire themed books I surround myself with and read, I would be further prepared for the lifestyle the ranks of the undead live. I should.
It's been a year since I walked the undead road. And it wasn't easy. My doctor had to prescribe Provigil for me to help me stay focused and alert on the nights I am working. I guess it's true that as we get older, we don't bounce back from stuff as quickly or are less able to adjust to changes.
When the sun goes down and I arise from my coffin tonight, I begin my first night back with my fellow undead armed with Provigil and caffeinated beverages. Garlic cloves and wooden stakes are not necessary at this time, though we can always revisit it should my Transylvanian accent gets too thick.
- ► 2017 (28)
- ► 2016 (35)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (57)
- ► 2012 (62)
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2010 (67)
- My Lady In Time by Angie Ray
- You've Been Warned by James Patterson
- When Darkness Falls by Shannon Drake
- REVIEW: O Is For Outlaw by Sue Grafton
- The Truth
- REVIEW: Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire by Michel...
- Joining The Undead
- Honorable Mentions Of 2008
- 2008 In Review
- December's Reading Review
- New Additions To The TBR Pile In December
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2008 (26)
- ► 2007 (24)
- ► 2005 (35)
- I am not a professional reviewer, but I love to read and share my opinions on my reading with others who are interested. I work full time but my ideal perfect day would be to curl up with a good book. The majority of the books I review here are from my private collection and my reviews are provided purely for entertainment purposes. I receive no compensation whatsoever for sharing my thoughts and review on any book. If you would like me to review your book, please email me at email@example.com Happy Reading! :o)